This year’s Samsung Unpacked event is scheduled to happen on Sunday, February 25. This is one day ahead of MWC 2018, which is a week-long event in Barcelona, Spain. The South Korean company confirmed that it will unveil Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ beginning at 12:00pm EST. Samsung must appeal to MWC’s larger crowd, so we’re expecting something a little extra special at this year’s event.
With little time left on the clock, Samsung fans all over the world are eager to see the first 2018 flagship smartphone be unveiled and get their hands on “The Next Big Thing.” The introduction of Samsung’s latest piece of high-end hardware comes earlier this year to get ahead of the competition, with an earlier than expected release date. Despite this, some fans were disappointed that the company decided to skip CES 2018 for an event at MWC 2018 instead. This is uncharacteristic of Samsung, who typically holds private launch events for announcements of this caliber. Still, there has been plenty of rumors floating around, and they have had everyone excited for the upcoming smartphones.
Since the first official teaser for the Unpacked 2018 event dropped that said “The Camera, Reimagined,” the anticipation has been through the roof for the new Galaxy smartphones. We’re expecting flagship specifications, a modern design, new and improved camera tech, and more. Boasting the details of their new ISOCELL camera on their blog, Samsung is clearly focused on making the optics of the Galaxy S9 a stand-out feature. Unlike in the past, however, the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ may differ in a few key areas such as camera and RAM. But both models will feature a near-identical dual edge design, similar to last year’s Galaxy S8 models. We’re expecting a bevy of different color options in addition to several storage capacities starting at 64GB. There have also been reports of software upgrades part of Experience 9.0 such as better security and image processing, 3D facial recognition, and Bixby 2.0. Very soon, we’ll be able to make sense of all the leaks, reports and rumors from recent months. Of course, we’ll be expecting a few surprises as well. DeX Pad could be the official successor of the DeX Station to enable desktop mode for Samsung’s newest models.
Droid Turf will be there to bring you all the news once everything is revealed. The date is closely approaching, so now would be a good time to catch up on all the latest news. Unless of course you like surprises! Below is an outline containing all our reported stories. Click or tap each headline to be redirected to its article page where you’ll find the full topic.
- New Galaxy S9 teaser videos show off 3D emoji and cool camera functions
- It’s official: Samsung will reveal the Galaxy S9 on February 25 at MWC 2018
- Samsung’s Galaxy S9 flagship will skip CES for an unveiling during MWC
Image / Video leaks
- Samsung’s Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are shown in new Lilac Purple color
- An apparent image of the Samsung Galaxy S9 retail box leaked
- Samsung might cheer us up with the Galaxy S9
- It’s never too early: Galaxy S9 pictured in Red and Black silicone case
- These are Samsung’s Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+
- Here is what we know about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S9
- A taste of Galaxy: Here are Samsung’s Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ smartphones
- This new camera could be the “Next Big Thing” from Samsung
- The latest Samsung Exynos 9 Series brings better security and improved graphics processing
- There’s still hope for a beneath the display fingerprint scanner on Samsung’s Galaxy S9
- Weekly Poll: Does Samsung’s inability to provide timely Android system updates bother you?
- Here are the new emojis part of Samsung Experience 9.0
- Evan Blass leaks apparent Samsung DeX Pad
- Galaxy S9 official wallpaper leaks ahead of unveil, download it right here
- Samsung’s Galaxy S9 release plans entail a March 16 shipment
- Samsung files trademark on ‘DeX Pad’
- There’s still hope for those of you who want a Samsung Bixby speaker
- Samsung patents ‘graphene ball’ technology that will improve charging speeds
- Bixby 2.0: A roundup of what’s coming!
- Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ pricing info leaks a few days before the big reveal
View our constantly updating MWC 2018 guide at the link below.
Access the livestream from the slider below.
We’ll keep you posted on everything Unpacked 2018 and MWC 2018 right as they happen! Follow us on social media for up to the minute updates from Samsung’s Unpacked 2018 event as well as continued MWC 2018 coverage.